Skills Course - Pate pig out
Your Pâté pig out course is the perfect introduction to the art of making an eclectic selection of these delicacies. This fun and informal demonstration will be led by Chris Moorby, a master butcher with more than 35 years experience. This course will have you wanting to experiment at home with the help of the course notes supplementing the knowledge from the course itself.
With a growing interest in home made charcuterie, this Kitchen Social event will provide step-by-step instruction and support as a number of classic pâtés, terrrines and rillettes are made. As with all of our Kitchen Social events we help you to discover techniques that you can in future apply at home using our easy to follow course notes. Maybe, you'll want to make some pates and terrines for your table over the Christmas-New Year season.
Your Pâté pig out course will be held in the stunning Yorkshire Food Finder kitchen just eight miles from York where you will also meet Sue Nelson, the Flat Cap Cook and founder of Yorkshire Food Finder who has an eclectic collection of some 1,300 cookery books for you to browse.
Your course finishes with a late lunch prepared by the Flat Cap Cook, which naturally, will feature the produce of the day.
A copy of the course notes will be yours to take home.
- As this course involves working with raw meat you will be asked to self certify that you have not have not suffered from any sickness and/or diarrhoea within the 48 hours prior to the start of the course. If you cannot self certify, it will not be possible for you to participate on the course
Details & Booking
- Easy to follow pâté, terrine and rillette recipes
- Tuition from expert Chris Moorby
- The confidence to use the recipes as demonstrated
- Course notes
- Further ideas for you to try at home
- Access to Yorkshire Food Finder's library of some 1,300 cookery books
- Late lunch featuring the pies of the day
- Approximately six hours
£90.00 per person
Thu, 25 May 2017
Gather at 10.00am
Sat, 23 Sep 2017
Chefs involved in this Kitchen Social
Producers involved in this Kitchen Social
Need somewhere local to stay?
York is a must see destination with a history stretching back to Roman times. Home to fine museums, the iconic Minster, foot streets and city walls. There are s...